My Philosophy On Fitness
Fitness is a journey, not a destination. Even when our bodies become stronger, or healthier or we lose the weight or add the muscle – we are not done with our journey. We’re simply onto another phase of it.
There are so many benefits to fitness other than the physical sense one might think:
- We feel better about ourselves, physically and emotionally (confidence)
- We put self-care as a top priority in our life affirming our worth (we matter)
- We’re more open to try new things, risk failure, reap rewards (courage)
- We are happier, more content and able to handle life’s challenges (strong)
- We learn to stand for ourselves in a way only we can (powerful)
- We become becons of hope for those around us (inspirational)
I’m sure there are more, but those are just a few that I personally experienced along my journey.
About Finding MY Fitness
I’ve never been a petite girl. I’m 5’8″ and up until last year was one of those “big boned” girls. I always thought I’d be heavy up top and didn’t imagine I’d get to anything under a size 10 and keep it. I wasn’t like the other girls in high school who could eat whatever they wanted and stay rail thin. I grew up watching what I ate and being what I’d call health conscious, although I wasn’t necessarily healthy.
I had several years of ups and downs with my weight, trying different diets, including at one time not eating on weigh-in day so I could avoid the .1 ounce gain on the scale. I lived an active lifestyle, running and racing, and had times of success with losing the extra tire around my belly, but it always seemed to be short lived and the pounds just came back.
When It All Changed
I had just finished a 10k race at the end of April in 2017 when I noticed one of my best friends talking about how she was losing weight. She and I had tried motivating and supporting each other in the past so it was not a new thing for us to be talking about trying to lose weight. But this time she was fired up. She had lost 12 lbs already and had been working out (wait, what???) consistently for 2 weeks. I couldn’t believe it. She hated working out. I HAD to know what she was doing, how, where, with who and how I could get in. I DECIDED in that moment that I was going to go all in and see if I could get some fast results too. And I did!
How You Can Work With Me
My clients have lifetime access to my virtual gym where we practice consistent imperfect action toward achieving your health & fitness goals. While there are a variety of programs available (more than 700 different workouts for all fitness levels (low impact, yoga, meditation, dance, lifting, high intensity cardio, etc) my favorite and the one I most recommend for my clients lasts 3 weeks and includes:
- Moderate workout program that is just 30 minutes a day;
- Daily superfood nutrition to fill the gap in what we aren’t getting from the way foods are processed in today’s modern world;
- A fail proof meal plan that takes the guess work out of what to eat, how much and when, including a safe 3 week program to get ready for a special event;
- Weekly group coaching call to share insights, and answer questions for those who want additional support.